Business Development Manager, US
Who are Opensignal?
Opensignal, a mobile analytics company, is the global standard for measuring real-world mobile network experience. Using billions of measurements collected 24/7 from tens of millions of smartphones, we analyze real-world mobile network experience at the largest scale and frequency in the wireless industry. We believe measuring how the network performs directly through users’ eyes is key to building better wireless networks. Our insights are used across the industry by mobile operators, telecoms regulators, equipment manufacturers and analysts. We have done business across six continents and have driven press headlines in 80 countries, in an industry impacting the lives of billions around the world.
Founded in 2010, Opensignal is a high-growth global company harnessing the power of mobile technologies and big data analytics to redefine how the mobile industry measures network performance. We’re part of the Global Telecoms ‘Power 100’, TechCity Future Fifty, and backed by an impressive portfolio of investors.
Having doubled our employee base to 60 at the beginning of 2019, we plan to grow beyond 80 by the end of 2019, to help drive our vision further. We're headquartered in London, UK, where you’ll find most of our employees, who we like to call 'Opensignalers', but the teams you'll mostly work with are mostly US based. A truly international company, our ‘Opensignalers’ work across four continents, and represent over 25 nationalities.
Find out more by visiting our website.
Purpose of the role
Opensignal provides analytics solutions to the mobile telecoms operators in the USA which provide them with detailed independent analysis of the quality of network experience their users receive compared to their competitors. In 2019 we are launching an initiative to generate additional ‘pull’ from a) corporate enterprise customers and b) the mass consumer market, for the value delivered by Opensignal solutions.
As Business Development Director, you will be responsible for:
Planning and executing two initiatives in the US market:
- Identifying, prioritizing and engaging with large enterprise organizations, offering a no-cost service based on Opensignal analysis of the mobile network experience for their key corporate facilities, assessing the quality of services provided by the major US operators in those locations.
- Having identified and engaged with key decision makers responsible for procurement of mobile telephony services, you will qualify which accounts have the greatest interest to leverage Opensignal analysis for selection of their Mobile provider and identify how Opensignal can work with them to deliver value that generates maximum visibility of Opensignal’s influence to the Mobile Operators themselves.
- You will work with the Opensignal Solutions (Pre-Sales) team to deliver reports for a number of selected corporate accounts, ensuring the analysis provided is utilized directly in their discussions with the mobile operators. Impact will be measured by increased engagement and traction for OpenSignal with the corporate sales & marketing operations at the major US mobile operators.
- Managing a program to engage with consumer facing organizations (i.e Consumer reports), exploring partnerships and collaboration which result in increased brand awareness, relevance and market pull for Opensignal across the US market.
You will work closely with the Opensignal Sales and Marketing teams to leverage their knowledge in targeting organizations for greatest impact. You will work closely with our Solutions and Product teams to deliver analysis and solutions that achieve the desired impact.
What we need from you
- Experience and understanding of the mobile telecoms industry across the United States, with a broad understanding of the market, mobile operator ecosystem and B2C and B2B solutions offered by the major providers.
- A proven ability to be successful in a Business Development role including, following a systematic approach to lead generation campaigns, qualifying leads and a cutting-edge to drive qualified opportunities through to a close.
- Familiarity with both B2B and B2C market sectors, with understanding of corporate structures and typical buying practices.
- A commercial mindset with experience in a role that involves a level of sales & marketing business development.
- Previous experience working in an inside-sales or business development role with a demonstrable track record of personally planning and executing programs in order to exceed business targets.
- An individual contributor, comfortable working remotely from headquarters functions, with the persistence and tenacity to achieve results, with efficient and effective use of resources.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: Confident in communicating with senior stakeholders and an ability to be convincing in order to achieve results.
- A self-starter who is comfortable working in small teams and wearing many hats. Someone who relishes a fast-past environment and sees the variety of challenges that brings as an opportunity for learning.
What will you get in return?
- Competitive salary, stock options and on-target commission program to share our growth
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, matched-based 401(k) plan, attractive time off allowance and MacBook of your choice
- Constant exposure to learning opportunities in your role and the ability to make an impact from day one, as well as a personal development budget for conferences, courses & training
- Our 'Opensignalers' - an ambitious, focused and friendly team backed by some of Europe's top investors
- Ability to work flexibly as well as regular all-company events such as our bi-annual away days