Who are Opensignal?
Opensignal, a mobile analytics company, is the global standard for measuring real-world mobile network experience. Using billions of measurements collected 24/7 from tens of millions of smartphones, we analyse real-world mobile network experience at the largest scale and frequency in the wireless industry. We believe measuring how the network performs directly through users’ eyes is key to building better wireless networks. Our insights are used across the industry by mobile operators, telecoms regulators, equipment manufacturers and analysts. We have done business across six continents and have driven press headlines in 80 countries, in an industry impacting the lives of billions around the world.
Founded in 2012, Opensignal is a high-growth global company harnessing the power of mobile technologies and big data analytics to redefine how the mobile industry measures network performance. We’re part of the Global Telecoms ‘Power 100’, TechCity Future Fifty, and backed by an impressive portfolio of investors: Octopus Ventures, Qualcomm Ventures, O’Reilly AlphaTech Ventures, Frog Capital and Passion Capital.
Having doubled our team to 60 within the last year, we plan to grow beyond 80 employees by the end of 2019, to help drive our vision. We're headquartered in Angel, London, where you’ll find most of our employees, who we like to call 'Opensignalers', but the teams you'll work with are global. A truly international team, our ‘Opensignalers’ work across four continents, and represent over 25 nationalities and languages.
Purpose of the role
We are looking to add to our existing team of analysts to enhance our ability to communicate important data-based insights on the mobile telecom market.
As an Analyst, you will be responsible for:
- Helping to derive insights from Opensignal data in conjunction with the wider analyst team
- Evangelising and coordinating the use of Opensignal data analytics by financial analysts and key mobile industry organisations
- Communicating the findings in writing, highlighting those that will be valuable for mobile operators to improve the experience on their network, understand competitive dynamics, or to provide a unique analysis around mobile industry trends
- Writing up insights in market analysis reports and research notes as well as promoting our analysis on social media in conjunction with Opensignal’s marketing team.
What we need from you
- You’ll be organised, with the ability to manage multiple pieces of work and prioritise your workload effectively
- You’ll be able to write clearly and concisely in English and have the ability to communicate quantitative and qualitative analysis to different audiences
- You’ll have experience using standard quantitative analysis tools such as Excel
- You’ll have the ability to use both quantitative and qualitative sources together to create cohesive conclusions and insights
What we’d love if you had
- Ability to create clear visualisations of data which succinctly communicate the insights from a piece of data analysis
- Experience with additional analytical tools such as SQL, Python, R or other popular tools or programming languages
- Experience working in the telecom industry, for example: at a mobile vendor, operator, regulator, handset maker, industry analyst company, consultancy or another important player in the mobile industry
What will you get in return?
- Competitive salary and stock options to share our growth
- Matched-contribution based pension scheme, company-wide bonus, private healthcare (including wellbeing subscriptions and discounted gym membership), cycle to work scheme and MacBook of your choice
- Constant exposure to learning opportunities in your role and the ability to make an impact from day one
- Personal development budget for conferences, courses, materials and training; with access to a learning platform that provides access to curated content for inspiration on spending your budget
- Growing library of books and regular 'OpenSessions' (internal learning talks)
- Our 'Opensignalers' - an ambitious, focused and friendly team backed by some of Europe's top investors
- Ability to work flexibly as well as regular socials and all-company events (from team lunches, to our monthly HQ socials and bi-annual away days)
- HQ in Angel, central London, filled with fresh fruit, coffee and an abundance of snacks and drinks, set in an area buzzing with coffee shops, eateries, a local market and bars.