Technical Telecoms Analyst
Join us in improving signal, together.
OpenSignal are a high-growth business with global recognition. Our mission is to become the global authority on wireless; our wifi and mobile signal crowdsourcing apps have been downloaded over 20 million times, our public reports reach world-wide audiences, and our OpenSignal Insights are purchased by key players in the telecommunications industry.
OpenSignal collects vast amounts of unique data on the real-world experience of mobile networks globally. We are looking for someone with a detailed technical and strategic understanding of the telecoms industry with the ability to mine data to find valuable insights and then evangelize them to the market.
This will involve spending time diving into our data to surface insight that could be valuable for mobile operators to improve the experience on their network or using our data to provide a unique opinion on industry trends. The role will also involve sharing these insights through creating content (e.g. blog posts, white papers, presentations) or presenting them whether that be at industry conferences or privately to executives in the industry.
- Experience in the telecoms industry with a detailed understanding of the dynamics & trends on both a technical and business level, including experience working for a Mobile Operator, Regulator, Vendor or other major ecosystem player.
- A particular, in-depth knowledge of the dynamics of a particular region e.g. EMEA, APAC, MENA or Americas.
- A technical and analytical mind that is capable of mining data to find non-obvious insight.
- Experience with standard analytical tools e.g. SQL, Python, R, databases, Excel and using them to mine data and extract value.
- Strong technical knowledge of mobile networks, how they work, and what the key considerations are in building, optimizing and testing them for mobile operators.
- Excellent written communication skills with an ability to write credible and persuasive articles and white papers.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, comfortable delivering presentations convincingly to large audiences.
- Willingness to travel to industry conferences or customer engagements as & when required.
- Competitive salary and stock options to share our growth
- Constant exposure to learning opportunities in your role and the ability to make an impact from day one
- Hardware of your choice and a personal development fund to spend on conferences, training or the latest piece of tech
- Matched-contribution based pension scheme, a company-wide bonus and cycle to work scheme
- Our 'OpenSignalers' - an ambitious, focused and friendly team backed by some of Europe's top investors
- Growing library of books and regular 'OpenSessions' (internal learning talks)
- Ability to work flexibly as well as regular team and all-company socials (recently we've been on escape room challenges, dinners out and ice-skating)
- Brand new HQ in Angel, central London, filled with fresh fruit, coffee and an abundance of snacks and drinks, with many coffee shops, eateries and bars at your feet
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!