OpenSignal, a mobile analytics company, is the global standard for measuring real-world mobile network experience. Using billions of measurements collected 24/7 from tens of millions of smartphones, we analyse real-world mobile network experience at the largest scale and frequency in the wireless industry.
We believe measuring how the network performs directly through users’ eyes is key to building better wireless networks. Our insights are used across the industry by mobile operators, telecoms regulators, equipment manufacturers and analysts. We have done business across six continents and have driven press headlines in 80 countries, in an industry impacting the lives of billions around the world.
Founded eight years ago, OpenSignal is a profitable, high-growth global company harnessing the power of mobile technologies and big data analytics to redefine how the mobile industry measures network performance. Part of the Global Telecoms ‘Power 100’ and the TechCity Future Fifty, we’ve recently raised $8 million in Series B investment from Octopus Ventures (with participation from existing investors Qualcomm Ventures, O’Reilly AlphaTech Ventures and Passion Capital to drive our next growth stage.
Having doubled our team within the last year, we plan to grow to 80 employees by the end of 2018, to help deliver our vision. We're headquartered in Angel, London, where you’ll find most of our employees (who we like to call 'OpenSignalers'), but the teams you'll work with are global. A truly international team, our OpenSignalers work across four continents, represent 16 nationalities and speak over 20 languages.
OpenSignal collects vast amounts of unique data on the real-world experience of mobile networks globally. We are looking for someone with a detailed technical and strategic understanding of the telecoms industry with the ability to mine data to find valuable insights and then evangelize them to the market.
This will involve spending time diving into our data to surface insight that could be valuable for mobile operators to improve the experience on their network or using our data to provide a unique opinion on industry trends. The role will also involve sharing these insights through creating content (e.g. blog posts, white papers, presentations) or presenting them whether that be at industry conferences or privately to executives in the industry.
- Experience in the telecoms industry with an understanding of the dynamics & trends on both a technical and business level, ideally with experience working for a Mobile Operator, Regulator, Vendor or another of the important players in the ecosystem.
- A technical and analytical mind that is capable of mining data to find non-obvious insight.
- Experience with some form of standard analytical tools e.g. SQL, Python, R, databases, Excel and using them to mine data and extract value.
- Experience with data visualization to succinctly communicate the insight in a given piece of analysis. Experience with suitable data visualization tech (e.g. R or Python) or tool (e.g. Tableau).
- Strong technical knowledge of mobile networks, how they work, and what the key considerations are in building, optimizing and testing them for mobile operators.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to comfortably deliver presentations to senior internal stakeholders
- Competitive salary and stock options to share our growth
- Constant exposure to learning opportunities in your role and the ability to make an impact from day one
- Hardware of your choice and a personal development fund to spend on conferences, training or the latest piece of tech
- Matched-contribution based pension scheme, a company-wide bonus and cycle to work scheme
- Our 'OpenSignalers' - an ambitious, focused and friendly team backed by some of Europe's top investors
- Growing library of books and regular 'OpenSessions' (internal learning talks)
- Ability to work flexibly as well as regular team and all-company socials (recently we've been on escape room challenges, dinners out and ice-skating)
- Brand new HQ in Angel, central London, filled with fresh fruit, coffee and an abundance of snacks and drinks, with many coffee shops, eateries and bars at your feet