OpenSignal is a London based start-up with the vision of harnessing the next billion sensors. Our mission is to become the global authority on wireless; our wifi and mobile signal crowdsourcing apps have been downloaded over 20 million times, our public reports reach a wide audience and our OpenSignal Insights are purchased by key players in the telco industry. You’ll be joining our engineering team in a brand new office in the heart of Angel, Islington.
Join us in Improving Signal, Together.
Why we need you
The sensor revolution is accelerating and we are in search of a Data Engineer to work on products that showcase terabytes of crowdsourced data collected from millions of contributors’ mobile sensors across the globe. Our data volumes are growing and demand for our products is increasing the need for deeper, real-time access to our analysis. We are looking for a Data Engineer to advance our data processing to support a new platform to showcase our data to our clients.
Over the next 12 months you will be responsible for:
- Working with Python and Apache Spark developing our big data pipeline
- Work collaboratively with mobile app engineers on APIs to collect data, and provide data back to the app
- Working with devops engineers and data science team to build a highly scalable architecture to serve future product demands.
- Use a test driven approach to development
- Help keep us up-to-date testing the latest versions of software
As well as a competitive salary and stock options to share our growth we offer:
- Personal development fund to spend on conferences or training
- Personal development days for attending conferences or training
- Pension contributions of up to 5% matching and company-wide bonus scheme
- Constant exposure to learning opportunities and ability to make an impact from day one
- Smart team and top investors
- Beautiful office in London by Angel station packed with beer, coffee, tea, fruit and cookies
- Growing library of books
- Regular team events and learning talks