Business Development Manager
OpenSignal is an award-winning London based startup backed by top-tier investors, with a goal to become the trusted, global standard for mobile experience; our mobile signal crowdsourcing app has been downloaded over 15 million times, our public reports reach an extensive, global audience and our suite of solutions are purchased by key players in the telecoms industry. You’ll be leading our business development and partnership efforts to expand our audience of millions of users around the world.
Join us in Improving Signal, Together.
You and Your Role:
You are an experienced and passionate business development who has experience hunting and closing partnership deals and building strong, lasting business relationships. You will be responsible for business development at OpenSignal tasked with forming partnerships with the objective of furthering our consumer footprint. This will involve inputting into our strategy of who and what to go after, sourcing partnership opportunities from scratch, negotiating and closing the deal then leading and nurturing the relationship on an ongoing basis. You will also work closely with other teams including marketing, growth, product & sales to get their input into strategy and to help them to best leverage the partnership opportunities you create. You will think globally as we have users and customers in many countries around the world and a goal of being a global standard.
- 5-10 years total experience in BD, marketing or similar roles and 3+ years working specifically on partnerships with a demonstrated ability to seek out and close valuable partnership opportunities.
- Ability to formulate and complete an end-to-end partnership strategy including identifying potential partners, prioritising based on relevant criteria, customizing our offerings for maximum impact, formulating lead generation strategy, initiating partner contact, convincing them and ultimately signing them up.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to articulate key benefits of a partnership and present to and convince senior executives in target organisations to work with us.
- Extremely high energy and confident person who hustle to find a way to get in contact with a given target by trying all available means and will relentlessly continue until successful.
- Ability to understand technical concepts and formulate them clearly in a way that anyone can understand.
- Comfortable in a high growth, performance-driven environment and willing to roll up their sleeves.
- Commercially astute and with the drive, ambition and experience to maximize shareholder value.
Nice to have:
- Strong technical skills (e.g. comfortable with SAAS products, Excel, Powerpoint and other software products)
- Experience running lead-generation campaigns or other growth hacking activities.
- Experience and a passion for the mobile/telecoms industry and an understanding of how the industry works
- Passionate about startups and our goal to become the trusted, global standard for mobile experience.
- Experience building a consumer brand and championing a consumer issue.
Our promise as well as a highly competitive salary and share options to share in our growth:
- Constant exposure to learning opportunities and ability to make an impact from day one
- Beautiful office in London by Angel station
- Smart team and top investors
- Kitchen filled with beer, coffee, tea, fruit and cookies
- Relaxed work environment and work-life flexibility
- Growing library of books
- Regular team events and learning talks