DevOps Engineer - Big Data and Cloud Services
Join us in improving signal, together.
OpenSignal are a high-growth business with global recognition. Our mission is to become the global authority on wireless; our wifi and mobile signal crowdsourcing apps have been downloaded over 20 million times, our public reports reach world-wide audiences, and our OpenSignal Insights are purchased by key players in the telecommunications industry.
The sensor revolution is accelerating and we are in search of a Big Data Devops Engineer to work on products that showcase terabytes of crowdsourced data collected from millions of contributors’ mobile sensors across the globe. Our data volumes are growing and demand for our products is increasing the need for deeper, real-time access to our analysis.
- Experience working with challenging data volumes (billions of data points, terabytes of data every single day)
- Working with the tech team to scale our cloud infrastructure to deal with a potential 10x increase in data volumes
- Managing our Spark/Mesos clusters - tuning, monitoring, making them shine
- Working with data-science team to scale and automate data engineering tasks
- Managing and improving our CI pipelines
- Working with product team to develop product features
- Making the role your own and following developments in the industry, keeping us up-to-date with the latest Big Data technologies
- We're keen adopters of new tech such as Airflow, Ansible, Athena, Prometheus, Terraform and quick evolution is important to us
- Competitive salary and stock options to share our growth
- Constant exposure to learning opportunities in your role and the ability to make an impact from day one
- Hardware of your choice and a personal development fund to spend on conferences, training or the latest piece of tech
- Matched-contribution based pension scheme, a company-wide bonus and cycle to work scheme
- Our 'OpenSignalers' - an ambitious, focused and friendly team backed by some of Europe's top investors
- Growing library of books and regular 'OpenSessions' (internal learning talks)
- Ability to work flexibly as well as regular team and all-company socials (recently we've been on escape room challenges, dinners out and ice-skating)
- Brand new HQ in Angel, central London, filled with fresh fruit, coffee and an abundance of snacks and drinks, with many coffee shops, eateries and bars at your feet