Android Developer - make phones smarter
Connectivity is crucial, without it telephony is just phony. OpenSignal is a London based start-up with global recognition. Our main mobile product is the data collection engine showcased within our apps - OpenSignal and Meteor - this engine drives the functionality of the apps to help users understand and improve their connectivity, it also drives enterprise products that are trusted by Mobile Network Operators in every continent.
Our current Android dev team is 3.5 people strong. You'll focus on our data collection engine but will have opportunities to contribute on front-end features. Your work will make it into millions of devices: by improving the efficiency and capabilities of our engine you'll help our mission to increase transparency and ultimately improve mobile signal and speeds.
If you love crafting high quality mobile code, but hate slow internet, we want to hear from you.
Only three features are strictly required:
- A passion for exploring Android.
- A proven ability to build excellent apps or SDKs.
- Desire to ship quality.
Other attractive attributes:
- High level of experience in writing tests
- Cross platform exposure to Swift.
- An eye for efficiency and optimization
- Passion for sensors and telecommunication
- Continuous Integration experience
- Experience using services and catching broadcasts, running sensor listeners.
- An appreciation of what it takes to build a global app
- Highly competitive salary
- Fantastic team, very international and open culture
- Great office in central London - fresh fruit, well stocked fridge
- Personal development fund (e.g. to spend on devices you want to test on and play with)
- Stock options to share our growth
- Company wide bonus
- Regular team activities so we can get to know each other better
- Work-life flexibility to work your hours and sometimes from home
- Macbook Pro
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!