Join us in improving signal, together.
OpenSignal, a mobile analytics company, is the global standard for measuring real-world mobile network experience. Using billions of measurements collected 24/7 from tens of millions of smartphones, we analyse real-world mobile network experience at the largest scale and frequency in the wireless industry. We believe measuring how the network performs directly through users’ eyes is key to building better wireless networks. Our insights are used across the industry by mobile operators, telecoms regulators, equipment manufacturers and analysts.
Founded eight years ago, OpenSignal is a profitable, high-growth global company harnessing the power of mobile technologies and big data analytics to redefine how the mobile industry measures network performance. We're headquartered in Angel, London, where you can find most of our employees, or who we like to call 'OpenSignalers', but the teams you'll work with are global. We are rapidly expanding, having doubled within the last year, with plans to grow to 80 employees by the end of 2018, to help deliver our vision.
Our main mobile product is the data collection engine showcased within our apps - OpenSignal and Meteor - this engine drives the functionality of the apps to help users understand and improve their connectivity, it also drives enterprise products that are trusted by Mobile Network Operators in every continent.
Our current Android dev team is 3.5 people strong. You'll focus on our data collection engine but will have opportunities to contribute on front-end features. Your work will make it into millions of devices: by improving the efficiency and capabilities of our engine you'll help our mission to increase transparency and ultimately improve mobile signal and speeds.
If you love crafting high quality mobile code, but hate slow internet, we want to hear from you.
- A passion for exploring Android
- A proven ability to build excellent apps or SDKs
- Desire to ship quality
Other desirable attributes:
- High level of experience in writing tests
- Cross platform exposure to Swift
- An eye for efficiency and optimization
- Passion for sensors and telecommunication
- Continuous Integration experience
- Experience using services and catching broadcasts, running sensor listeners.
- An appreciation of what it takes to build a global app
- Competitive salary and stock options to share our growth
- Constant exposure to learning opportunities in your role and the ability to make an impact from day one
- Hardware of your choice and a personal development fund to spend on conferences, training or the latest piece of tech
- Matched-contribution based pension scheme, a company-wide bonus and cycle to work scheme
- Our 'OpenSignalers' - an ambitious, focused and friendly team backed by some of Europe's top investors
- Growing library of books and regular 'OpenSessions' (internal learning talks)
- Ability to work flexibly as well as regular team and all-company socials (recently we've been on escape room challenges, dinners out and ice-skating)
- Brand new HQ in Angel, central London, filled with fresh fruit, coffee and an abundance of snacks and drinks, with many coffee shops, eateries and bars at your feet