Mobile Product Manager
We are looking for a product manager to take the OpenSignal mobile app to the next level. OpenSignal has been downloaded over 15 million times and is used in almost every country in the world. It is available both on Android and iOS, and allows users to understand and improve their signal through crowdsourcing.
You will product manage the Android and iOS OpenSignal apps. You are a user driven product manager who is passionate about building apps that fulfil clear needs and address problems for people. You take on responsibilities with enthusiasm and can take initiative to determine the future of products, always putting the needs of the users first. You thrive in an environment where you get to work with functions across the whole company, including marketing, community, sales, development and management. You are able to draw on information from a variety of sources, to build up an understanding of the priority actions. You will use this, in addition to input from OpenSignal’s enterprise team (who sell the data our apps collect) to develop and manage a backlog, prioritising stories for each release. You will create roadmaps for the apps to plan the product team’s workload, and communicate internally and externally the product vision and evolution plan. You use experiments to validate your assumptions, taking a data driven approach to make your decisions, while at the same time working closely and collaboratively with the full product team.
You will identify ways to meet business goals of increasing app downloads and retention, such as evolving or creating new features. You will test new use cases and opportunities for new target audiences. If found to be a recommended approach, you will manage the creation of new apps to meet the business goals. You are familiar with agile software development, and subscribe with the tenets of the manifesto, particularly “Individuals and interactions over processes and tools”.
- Several years of experience product managing mobile apps, using a system of release planning and roadmapping
- Skilled at defining and prioritising product features
- Working collaboratively with a technical team, such as developers or engineers, as well as designers
- Dedicated to placing the needs of users as paramount, while appreciating competing requirements from across the company
- Experience with user-testing of products or prototypes and feeding these results back into iterations
- Strong leadership and communication skills including some line-management experience
- Experience of working with external partners (ideally in the form of distribution partnerships)
- Knowledge of app marketing techniques: ASO, advertising campaigns
- Familiarity with iteration planning software, such as Jira
- Experience with data analytics platforms to track metrics, such as Google Analytics or AB testing software
- Background in design or software development (but must appreciate both!)
As well as a competitive salary and stock options to share our growth:
- Constant exposure to learning opportunities and ability to make an impact from day one
- Beautiful office in London by Angel station
- Smart team and top investors & advisors
- Kitchen filled with beer, coffee, tea, fruit and cookies
- Relaxed work environment and work-life flexibility
- Growing library of books
- Regular team events and learning talks
Closing date: 14 July 2017