OpenSignal is a London based start-up with the vision of harnessing the next billion sensors. Our mission is to become the global authority on wireless; our wifi and mobile signal crowdsourcing apps have been downloaded over 20 million times, our public reports reach a wide audience and our OpenSignal Insights are purchased by key players in the telco industry. You’ll be joining our engineering team in a brand new office in the heart of Angel, Islington.
Join us in Improving Signal, Together.
Why we need youThe sensor revolution is accelerating and we are in search of a Backend Developer to work on products that showcase terabytes of crowdsourced data collected from millions of contributors’ mobile sensors across the globe. Our data volumes are growing and demand for our products is increasing the need for deeper, real-time access to our analysis. We are looking for a backend developer to bridge the gap between our big data platform and our consumer apps and enterprise products..
Over the next 12 months you will be responsible for:
- Taking ownership of our REST API strategy, building on top our our big data platform to provide data for our apps and enterprise products.
- Working closely with DevOps and data engineering team to co-ordinate development of the data pipeline and database schemas.
- Understanding the needs of our app users and enterprise customers to ensure we stay ahead of future requirements
- Working within our Python, SQL and AWS environment to architect our API middleware.
- Design and develop our QA and API versioning strategy.
As well as a competitive salary (£50-65K based on level of experience) and stock options to share our growth:
- Personal development fund to spend on conferences or training
- Personal development days for attending conferences or training
- Pension contributions of up to 5% matching and company-wide bonus scheme
- Constant exposure to learning opportunities and ability to make an impact from day one
- Smart team and top investors
- Beautiful office in London by Angel station packed with beer, coffee, tea, fruit and cookies
- Growing library of books
- Regular team events and learning talks