Join us in improving signal, together.
OpenSignal, a mobile analytics company, is the global standard for measuring real-world mobile network experience. Using billions of measurements collected 24/7 from tens of millions of smartphones, we analyse real-world mobile network experience at the largest scale and frequency in the wireless industry. We believe measuring how the network performs directly through users’ eyes is key to building better wireless networks. Our insights are used across the industry by mobile operators, telecoms regulators, equipment manufacturers and analysts.
Founded eight years ago, OpenSignal is a profitable, high-growth global company harnessing the power of mobile technologies and big data analytics to redefine how the mobile industry measures network performance. We're headquartered in Angel, London, where you can find most of our employees, or who we like to call 'OpenSignalers', but the teams you'll work with are global. We are rapidly expanding, having doubled within the last year, with plans to grow to 80 employees by the end of 2018, to help deliver our vision. You will be joining a scaling data team and will be working within cross-functional teams of data scientists and developers.
The sensor revolution is accelerating and we are in search of a Senior Data Scientist to work on terabytes of crowdsourced data collected from millions of contributors’ mobile sensors across the globe. We are collecting increasing amounts of rich coverage and mobile performance data, and we need to expand the team in order to research and develop new metrics that will enhance and extend our ability to measure network performance and to ensure statistical rigour in all that we do.
- Experience acting as an in-house statistical expert, ensuring appropriate use of statistical techniques
- Ability to combine your analytical skills with experience in Python, SQL or R to conduct high-quality analysis by writing robust and professional code
- Proven ability to improving data quality and accuracy through conducting multiple investigations into new features of data
- Interest in developing domain expertise on the validity of our data and its processing and representing the company as our resident expert in that space
- Contribution to at least four whitepapers and pieces of novel research
- Experience advising other members of a team as they conduct their own analysis
- Embracing the Data Team's commitment to continual learning and improvement
- PhD in Statistics a bonus
- Competitive salary and stock options to share our growth
- Constant exposure to learning opportunities in your role and the ability to make an impact from day one
- Hardware of your choice and a personal development fund to spend on conferences, training or the latest piece of tech
- Matched-contribution based pension scheme, a company-wide bonus and cycle to work scheme
- Our 'OpenSignalers' - an ambitious, focused and friendly team backed by some of Europe's top investors
- Growing library of books and regular 'OpenSessions' (internal learning talks)
- Ability to work flexibly as well as regular team and all-company socials (recently we've been on escape room challenges, dinners out and ice-skating)
- Brand new HQ in Angel, central London, filled with fresh fruit, coffee and an abundance of snacks and drinks, with many coffee shops, eateries and bars at your feet
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!