Sales Development Manager
DescriptionWho are Opensignal?
Opensignal, a mobile analytics company, is the global standard for measuring real-world mobile network experience. Using billions of measurements collected 24/7 from tens of millions of smartphones, we analyze real-world mobile network experience at the largest scale and frequency in the wireless industry. We believe measuring how the network performs directly through users’ eyes is key to building better wireless networks. Our insights are used across the industry by mobile operators, telecoms regulators, equipment manufacturers and analysts. We have done business across six continents and have driven press headlines in 80 countries, in an industry impacting the lives of billions around the world.
Founded in 2010, Opensignal is a high-growth global company harnessing the power of mobile technologies and big data analytics to redefine how the mobile industry measures network performance. We’re part of theGlobal Telecoms ‘Power 100’, TechCity Future Fifty, and backed by an impressive portfolio of investors.
Having doubled our employee base to 60 at the beginning of 2019, we plan to grow beyond 80 by the end of 2019, to help drive our vision further. We're headquartered in London, UK, where you’ll find most of our employees, who we like to call 'Opensignalers', but the teams you'll work with are global. A truly international team, our ‘Opensignalers’ work acrossfour continents, and represent over 25 nationalities.
Find out more by visiting our website.
Purpose of the role
We have seen our revenues grow significantly over the last few years. To help fuel the growth, we have recently developed several innovative, unique offerings to our marketplace.
As a result, we are hiring our first Inside Sales team. This new team will work alongside the existing global sales team, helping them drive revenues, increase their effectiveness in the marketplace and enhance our global position as the independent global standard on mobile network experience.
A vital part of the new Inside Sales function will be to maintain and execute sales campaigns to the top ‘C’ level executives at Mobile Operators across Europe, Asia Pacific and North and South America. As the role will have a genuine global focus, you’ll be working across multiple time zones.
It is a great time to join as you’ll be at the beginning of our Inside Sales initiative, you’ll get exposure throughout the company and be at the forefront of driving and increasing our revenues and presence in the marketplace.
As Sales Development Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Outbound lead generation and selling of Opensignal proposition to named target Mobile Operators and Regulators
- Research and verify contact details for target ‘C’ level executives in target accounts and manage contacts in Opensignal CRM system
- Establish and administer executive communication with Mobile Operators and Regulators within target markets
- Promote Opensignal public reports and analysis to targeted Mobile Network Operators
- Follow up with targeted executives to promote Opensignal’s value propositions
- Manage inbound leads appropriately following standard process and in a timely manner
- Qualify leads and nature of interest in Opensignal – pass to field sales or remotely execute direct sale of the Opensignal entry-level solutions
- Adhere to Opensignal operating principles, methodology and brand standards
- Working with product management/sales leadership to maintain Opensignal low-level entry product collateral to support outbound marketing/sales
- Use Opensignal CRM system to track opportunities and distribute leads (close.io)
- Work closely with field sales leaders, sales management, marketing and product marketing to support company sales objectives and to optimise team effectiveness.
- Evolve and execute the process and practice for effective sales development, in support of revenue growth for Opensignal
- Report on activity and results weekly and quarterly to senior management
This role will require time spent in our Global HQ in London, but many responsibilities can be conducted remotely. Flexible working hours will be required due to the time zones involved.
What we need from you
- An enthusiastic, self-starter who can hit the ground running
- Ambition to develop knowledge, skills and experience in sales and marketing operations of a B2B business supplying high value technology solutions to large enterprises
- Previous experience in an outbound sales development or inside sales role, creating value propositions
- Experience collaborating with senior field sales personnel across the globe
- Knowledge of the global Mobile Communications industry would be a distinct advantage
- A graduate (or equivalent) with strong interest in international commercial business
- Expertise, confidence and capability to converse with senior ‘C’ level executives
- Highly organised and efficient with strong attention to detail
- Team player with strong determination to succeed, excellent interpersonal skills and with instant credibility at senior level
- Highly articulate with excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Fluent in English language. Written command of Spanish language an advantage.
- Solution marketing expertise would be advantageous
- Highly personable and a team player
- Conversant in CRM and process tools
Additional personal attributes:
- Entrepreneurial spirit and commercially astute
- Highly committed with highest level of integrity
- Creative but focused on delivery
- Open and direct communication
- Enquiring and diligent
What will you get in return?
- Competitive salary and stock options to share our growth
- Matched-contribution based pension scheme, company-wide bonus, private healthcare (including wellbeing subscriptions and discounted gym membership), cycle to work scheme and MacBook of your choice
- Constant exposure to learning opportunities in your role and the ability to make an impact from day one
- Personal development budgetfor conferences, courses, materials and training and regular 'OpenSessions' (internal learning talks)
- Our 'Opensignalers' - an ambitious, focused and friendly team backed by some of Europe's top investors
- Ability to work flexibly as well as regular all-company events (from team lunches, to monthly HQ socials and bi-annualaway days)
- HQ in Angel, central London, filled with fresh fruit, coffee and an abundance of snacks and drinks, set in an area buzzingwith coffee shops, eateries, a local market and bars.