IT Support Engineer
Who are Opensignal?
Opensignal, a mobile analytics company, is the global standard for measuring real-world mobile network experience. Using billions of measurements collected 24/7 from tens of millions of smartphones, we analyze real-world mobile network experience at the largest scale and frequency in the wireless industry. We believe measuring how the network performs directly through users’ eyes is key to building better wireless networks. Our insights are used across the industry by mobile operators, telecoms regulators, equipment manufacturers and analysts. We have done business across six continents and have driven press headlines in 80 countries, in an industry impacting the lives of billions around the world.
Founded in 2010, Opensignal is a high-growth global company harnessing the power of mobile technologies and big data analytics to redefine how the mobile industry measures network performance. We’re part of the Global Telecoms ‘Power 100’, TechCity Future Fifty, and backed by an impressive portfolio of investors.
Having doubled our employee base to 60 at the beginning of 2019, we plan to grow beyond 80 by the end of 2019, to help drive our vision further. We're headquartered in London, UK, where you’ll find most of our employees, who we like to call 'Opensignalers', but the teams you'll work with are global. A truly international team, our ‘Opensignalers’ work across four continents, and represent over 25 nationalities.
Find out more by visiting our website.
Purpose of the role
We are looking for our first dedicatedIT Support Engineer to scale the effective use of our internal IT systems as our team of Opensignalers continue to grow. Working with one of our lead software engineers, in this role you will be responsible for all things IT at Opensignal. Not only will you support our global teams with IT issues day-to-day, but you will also be responsible for the long-term improvements to the internal IT systems we use and our Opensignaler’s IT experiences.
For candidates looking to start their career in IT or software engineering, this is a great opportunity to work directly with experienced software engineers. Candidates will receive training in software development tools (e.g. Git version control) that will form part of their daily role, with further opportunities to work in development for the right candidate.
As IT Support Engineer you will be responsible for
- Assisting with general IT issues for all Opensignal employees (both in the office and those who work remotely across the globe)
- Own the onboarding IT experience - setting up laptops and logins to make sure everyone who joins has a great first day
- Manage IT offboarding - wiping laptops and recycling software licences etc.
- Managing the suite of software licenses and products that we use across the business, helping people get setup with new software that they need in the most cost-effective way.
- Ensuring everyone has great connectivity - from ensuring our Wi-Fi runs super fast, to running cabling for conferencing equipment and making sure those at HQ are set up for success with the right tools when presenting at company meetings.
What we need from you
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role would be ideal
- Knowledge of the Mac operating system and experience diagnosing hardware issues
- Basic knowledge of networking concepts like WiFi and VPN
- Basic knowledge of GSuite apps and Microsoft Office
- Logical thinker and natural problem solver
- Able to talk about technology in simple terms
- Curious and constantly learning about all things tech
- A drive to make IT experience joyful :-)
- Ability to multitask and switch between jobs
What will you get in return?
- Competitive salary and stock options to share our growth
- Matched-contribution based pension scheme, company-wide bonus, private healthcare (including wellbeing subscriptions and discounted gym membership), cycle to work scheme and MacBook of your choice
- Constant exposure to learning opportunities in your role and the ability to make an impact from day one
- Personal development budget for conferences, courses, materials and training and regular 'OpenSessions' (internal learning talks)
- Our 'Opensignalers' - an ambitious, focused and friendly team backed by some of Europe's top investors
- Ability to work flexibly as well as regular all-company events (from team lunches, to monthly HQ socials and bi-annual away days)
- HQ in Angel, central London, filled with fresh fruit, coffee and an abundance of snacks and drinks, set in an area buzzing with coffee shops, eateries, a local market and bars.