Senior Data Scientist
OpenSignal is an award-winning London based start-up backed by top-tier investors including Qualcomm, Passion Capital and O’Reilly AlphaTech Ventures. Our mission is to become the global authority on wireless networks; our Wifi and mobile signal crowdsourcing apps have been downloaded over 20 million times, our public reports reach a wide audience and our OpenSignal Insights are purchased by key players in the telco industry. You will be joining our data team in a brand new office in the heart of Angel, Islington, and will be working within cross-functional teams of data scientists and developers.
Why we need you
The sensor revolution is accelerating and we are in search of a Senior Data Scientist to work on terabytes of crowdsourced data collected from millions of contributors’ mobile sensors across the globe. We are collecting increasing amounts of rich coverage and mobile performance data, and we need to expand the team in order to research and develop new metrics that will enhance and extend our ability to measure network performance and to ensure statistical rigour in all that we do.
Over the next 12 months you will be responsible for:
- Acting as the in-house statistical expert, ensuring appropriate use of statistical techniques.
- PhD in Statistics a bonus
- Combining your analytical skills with experience in Python, SQL or R to conduct high-quality analysis by writing robust and professional code.
- Improving data quality and accuracy by conducting at least three investigations into new features of our data.
- Developing domain expertise on the validity of our data and its processing and representing the company as our resident expert in that space.
- Contributing to at least four whitepapers and pieces of novel research.
- Advising the other members of the team as they conduct their own analysis.
- Embracing the Data Team's commitment to continual learning and improvement.
Apart from a competitive salary (£70-90K based on level of experience) and stock options to share our growth:
- Constant exposure to learning opportunities and ability to make an impact from day one
- Beautiful office in London by Angel station
- Smart team and top investors
- Kitchen filled with beer, coffee, tea, fruit and cookies
- Relaxed work environment and work-life flexibility
- Growing library of books
- Regular team events and learning talks