Public Relations Manager
OpenSignal is seeking a Public Relations (PR) Manager to continue to grow the OpenSignal brand as the global standard for mobile experience in the wireless industry. OpenSignal has a significant track record of achieving frequent and far-reaching media coverage of its industry reports, and is looking for someone to take ownership of these efforts going forward.
The PR Manager will be tasked with developing and executing an effective communications and media relations plan in order to : a) maximise coverage of OpenSignal content through data-driven stories; and b) promote thought leadership and brand awareness to reinforce OpenSignal’s global recognition and credibility in the Mobile Telecom sector.
Suitable candidates will have the ability to build and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, have a high level of credibility and be a motivated, self-starter. Knowledge of telecommunications and mobile industry is advantageous as is experience in a small company/start-up..
- Lead and manage the day-to-day running of the PR for OpenSignal across the US, Europe, Asia and Latin America, including reactive media relations.
- Take ownership of PR for OpenSignal’s regular schedule of industry reports, other B2B PR activities targeted at the Telecoms sector.
- Support OpenSignal B2C program including the launching of new consumer apps or updates.
- Take the lead on managing relationships with OpenSignal’s many press contacts built up over 6 years.
- Developing a marketing/PR communications plan including strategy, goals, budget and tactics.
- Developing a media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media.
- Engage and manage partnerships with external PR agencies in selective markets.
- Monitor, analyse and communicate PR results on a regular basis.
- PR expert - a track record in managing PR activities for a brand with a demonstrable understanding of how to maximise PR coverage and headlines.
- Creativity to adapt common PR processes to suit data-driven content marketing.
- Knowledgeable about current activities in the media and the global mobile/telecom industry and ability to link the two on short notice for maximum PR benefit.
- Experience of managing PR and media relations across global markets, especially US, LATAM and Asia.
- Driven by the need to ensure PR activity delivers a high impact to the business, and supports the company’s business objectives.
- Ability to form new, meaningful media relationships quickly (both reactive and proactive).
- Organised and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Adaptable and excited to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, small company environment.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills.
- Undergraduate degree.
- Minimum 5 years PR experience in an agency or in-house role.
- Extensive experience in dealing with media contacts, agencies and international news desks across multiple global markets.
- Experience or understanding of the mobile telecom industry.
- London based.
- Fluent Spanish speaking (written and verbal).
- A track record of delivering on major global campaigns, demonstrating a high level of creativity.
- Experience in dealing with high-level consumer media contacts across news and broadcast sectors.
- Good presentation skills.