Full Stack Web Developer
OpenSignal is a London based start-up with the vision of harnessing the next billion sensors. Our mission is to become the global authority on wireless; our wifi and mobile signal crowdsourcing apps have been downloaded over 20 million times, our public reports reach a wide audience and our OpenSignal Insights are purchased by key players in the telco industry. You’ll be joining our engineering team in a brand new office in the heart of Angel, Islington.
Join us in Improving Signal, Together.
Why we need you
The sensor revolution is accelerating and we are in search of a Full Stack Developer to work on the website and platforms that showcase terabytes of crowdsourced data collected from millions of contributors’ mobile sensors across the globe. Our data volumes are growing and demand for our products is increasing the need for deeper, real-time access to our analysis.
As our full-stack web develop over the next few months you will be responsible for:
- The development of our public facing website and the dashboard used by our clients
- Working with our designer to implement pixel-perfect designs
- Having experience with D3.js preferable
- Our backend stack is Python/Django
- Working with data-science team to showcase and design our latest analysis
- Making the role your own and following developments in the industry, keeping us up-to-date with the latest web technologies and visualization techniques
- We're keen adopters of new tech such as Airflow, Ansible, Athena, Prometheus, Terraform and quick evolution is important to us
As well as a competitive salary (£50-55K based on level of experience) and stock options to share our growth:
- Personal development fund to spend on conferences or training
- Personal development days for attending conferences or training
- Pension contributions of up to 5% matching and company-wide bonus scheme
- Constant exposure to learning opportunities and ability to make an impact from day one
- Smart team and top investors
- Beautiful office in London by Angel station packed with beer, coffee, tea, fruit and cookies
- Growing library of books
- Regular team events and learning talks