OpenSignal is the global standard for mobile experience trusted by consumers and industry stakeholders alike. The OpenSignal app has been used by over 20 million consumers globally and our public reports are regularly covered by leading press and industry analysts as the independent source of truth on mobile experience. OpenSignal’s business involves taking the real-world, on-device measurements from the OpenSignal app to offer a suite of analytics solutions providing competitive intelligence, preventing revenue leakage and offering independent brand endorsement. Customers include tier-1 mobile operators, telecoms regulators and industry analysts.
You and Your Role:
You are an experienced marketing executive who can spearhead OpenSignal’s efforts to cement itself as the global standard on mobile experience. You have previous experience leveraging PR to grow the global recognition of a brand and can rapidly grow the impact of our public reports - which already results in 100s of articles per year in top-tier mainstream and industry - to establish OpenSignal as a go-to source for journalists, analysts and other industry stakeholders. You understand how to maximally scale a PR operation but also how to strategically position a given message to manage sensitivities in different markets. You are adept at forming and managing partnerships and can grow our current relationships to support further recognition and credibility in the telecoms/wireless industry. You are a leader who can nurture and build the marketing team at OpenSignal and as part of the OpenSignal leadership team you will collaborate with all other functions to ensure the company meets its overall objectives. You will lead all other marketing initiatives including lead generation, brand strategy, product marketing, events, and managing our portfolio of products specifically targeted at Mobile Operator marketing functions.
- Experience running both in-house PR operations at scale and managing external agencies for strategic initiatives.
- A particular focus on content marketing is valuable - the ability to position data-driven stories and to maximise the coverage and impact globally.
- Experience running PR in multiple countries and an understanding of the different approaches required when different languages and customs apply.
- Strong relationship builder with experience closing and managing BD partnerships.
- Excellent communication skills enabling you to champion OpenSignal as the global standard to internal & external stakeholders.
- Excellent leadership skills with prior management experience and an ability to drive a team to maximum performance and work collaboratively and effectively with other teams.
- Comfortable in a high growth, performance-driven environment and willing to roll up their sleeves.
- High energy and high achiever; a doer who naturally sets themselves stretch targets.
- Commercially astute and with the drive, ambition and experience to maximize shareholder value.
Nice to have:
- Experience with B2C marketing (with particular focus on mobile apps) and experience with B2B marketing (with particular focus on telecoms/wireless industry).
- Experience with how large brands (or indeed mobile operators) run large scale advertising campaign (e.g. media targeted, messaging strategy, ROI measurement etc).
- Experience running targeted paid-acquisition campaigns and an appreciation of strategies to optimize performance and maximise ROI.
- Experience building a consumer brand and championing a consumer issue.
- Passionate about startups and our goal to become the trusted, global standard for mobile experience.
- Undergraduate degree.
- Several years in an agency/in-house working at a manager level
- Able to work quickly and have a track record of delivery on major campaigns, a high level of creativity and extensive experience in dealing with media contacts and international news desks.
Our promise as well as a highly competitive salary and share options to share in our growth:
- Smart, driven team and top-tier investors
- Beautiful office in London by Angel station
- Constant exposure to learning opportunities and ability to make an impact from day one
- Kitchen stocked with coffee, tea, fruit, cookies and beer
- Relaxed work environment and work-life flexibility
- Regular team events and learning talks