Android Engineer - make phones smarter
Connectivity is crucial, without it telephony is just phony. OpenSignal is a London based start-up and our main product is our mobile signal and WiFi crowdsourcing app, which has been downloaded over 20 million times. It helps users stay connected, and understand which network is best for them.
Our current Android dev team is 2.5 people strong. You'll have the opportunity to contribute to both our data collection engine as well as the front-end features. You’ll add polish and help develop new functionality to make our apps grow faster.
We’ve built a vast network to harness the power of the billions of sensors on mobile devices. We want to grow this network and use it to improve signal and speeds. If you love building apps, but hate slow internet, we want to hear from you.
Only three features are strictly required:
- A passion for exploring Android.
- A proven ability to build excellent apps or SDKs.
- Cross platform exposure to Swift.
Other attractive attributes:
- An eye for efficiency and optimization
- Serious about testing
- Passion for sensors and telecommunication
- Continuous Integration experience
- Experience using services and catching broadcasts, running sensor listeners.
- An appreciation of what it takes to build a global app
- Highly competitive salary
- Fantastic team, very international and a very open culture- we contribute and discuss ideas impacting our company and our extremely smart team is constantly bouncing ideas off of each other.
- Great office in central London, beer, coffee, fruit, biscuits, cake
- Personal development fund (e.g. to spend on devices you want to test on and play with)
- Stock options to share our growth
- Company wide bonus
- Regular team events ranging from poker night to bubble football
- Work-life flexibility to work your hours and sometimes from home
- Macbook Pro