Join us in improving signal, together.
OpenSignal are a high-growth business with global recognition. Our mission is to become the global authority on wireless; our wifi and mobile signal crowdsourcing apps have been downloaded over 20 million times, our public reports reach world-wide audiences, and our OpenSignal Insights are purchased by key players in the telecommunications industry.
The sensor revolution is accelerating and we are in search of a Data Engineer to work on products that showcase terabytes of crowdsourced data collected from millions of contributors’ mobile sensors across the globe. Our data volumes are growing and demand for our products is increasing the need for deeper, real-time access to our analysis. We are looking for a Data Engineer to advance our data processing to support a new platform to showcase our data to our clients.
- Working with Python and Apache Spark developing our big data pipeline
- Work collaboratively with mobile app engineers on APIs to collect data, and provide data back to the app
- Working with DevOps engineers and data science team to build a highly scalable architecture to serve future product demands.
- Use a test driven approach to development
- Help keep us up-to-date testing the latest versions of software
- Competitive salary and stock options to share our growth
- Constant exposure to learning opportunities in your role and the ability to make an impact from day one
- Hardware of your choice and a personal development fund to spend on conferences, training or the latest piece of tech
- Matched-contribution based pension scheme, a company-wide bonus and cycle to work scheme
- Our 'OpenSignalers' - an ambitious, focused and friendly team backed by some of Europe's top investors
- Growing library of books and regular 'OpenSessions' (internal learning talks)
- Ability to work flexibly as well as regular team and all-company socials (recently we've been on escape room challenges, dinners out and ice-skating)
- Brand new HQ in Angel, central London, filled with fresh fruit, coffee and an abundance of snacks and drinks, with many coffee shops, eateries and bars at your feet