DevOps Engineer - Big Data and Cloud Services
OpenSignal is a London based start-up with the vision of harnessing the next billion sensors. Our mission is to become the global authority on wireless; our wifi and mobile signal crowdsourcing apps have been downloaded over 20 million times, our public reports reach a wide audience and our OpenSignal Insights are purchased by key players in the telco industry. You’ll be joining our engineering team in a brand new office in the heart of Angel, Islington.
Join us in Improving Signal, Together.
Why we need you
The sensor revolution is accelerating and we are in search of a Big Data Devops Engineer to work on products that showcase terabytes of crowdsourced data collected from millions of contributors’ mobile sensors across the globe. Our data volumes are growing and demand for our products is increasing the need for deeper, real-time access to our analysis.
As one of our DevOps Engineers in the next 12 months you'll be responsible for:
- Working with the tech team to scale our AWS infrastructure to deal with a potential 10x increase in data volumes
- Taking over ownership of our Spark/Mesos based big data infrastructure, which is responsible for processing terabytes of data every day.
- Helping to offload and automate data engineering tasks from our data scientists
- Managing and improving our Jenkins CI pipeline
- Working with product team to develop product features.
- Making the role your own and following developments in the industry, keeping us up-to-date with the latest Big Data technologies
As well as a competitive salary (£60-80K based on level of experience) and stock options to share our growth:
- Personal development fund to spend on conferences or training
- Personal development days for attending conferences or training
- Pension contributions of up to 5% matching and company-wide bonus scheme
- Constant exposure to learning opportunities and ability to make an impact from day one
- Smart team and top investors
- Beautiful office in London by Angel station packed with beer, coffee, tea, fruit and cookies
- Growing library of books
- Regular team events and learning talks