DevOps Engineer - Big Data and Cloud Services
OpenSignal is a London based start-up with the vision of harnessing the next billion sensors. Our mission is to become the global authority on wireless; our wifi and mobile signal crowdsourcing apps have been downloaded over 20 million times, our public reports reach a wide audience and our OpenSignal Insights are purchased by key players in the telco industry. You’ll be joining our engineering team in a brand new office in the heart of Angel, Islington.
Join us in Improving Signal, Together.
Why we need you
The sensor revolution is accelerating and we are in search of a Big Data Devops Engineer to work on products that showcase terabytes of crowdsourced data collected from millions of contributors’ mobile sensors across the globe. Our data volumes are growing and demand for our products is increasing the need for deeper, real-time access to our analysis.
As one of our DevOps Engineers, over the coming months and years we offer:
- Experience working with challenging data volumes (billions of data points, terabytes of data every single day)
- Working with the tech team to scale our cloud infrastructure to deal with a potential 10x increase in data volumes
- Managing our Spark/Mesos clusters - tuning, monitoring, making them shine
- Working with data-science team to scale and automate data engineering tasks
- Managing and improving our CI pipelines
- Working with product team to develop product features
- Making the role your own and following developments in the industry, keeping us up-to-date with the latest Big Data technologies
- We're keen adopters of new tech such as Airflow, Ansible, Athena, Prometheus, Terraform and quick evolution is important to us
As well as a competitive salary (£60-80K based on level of experience) and stock options to share our growth:
- Personal development fund to spend on conferences or training
- Personal development days for attending conferences or training
- Pension contributions of up to 5% matching and company-wide bonus scheme
- Constant exposure to learning opportunities and ability to make an impact from day one
- Smart team and top investors
- Beautiful office in London by Angel station packed with beer, coffee, tea, fruit and cookies
- Growing library of books
- Regular team events and learning talks